Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] LTO-5 Tapes full after between 30-130gb Dell PV-124T

2013-01-16 08:49:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] LTO-5 Tapes full after between 30-130gb Dell PV-124T
From: Cejka Rudolf <cejkar AT fit.vutbr DOT cz>
To: bdoran <bill.doran AT concordia DOT ca>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 14:46:45 +0100
bdoran wrote (2013/01/15):
> I'm using a Bacula setup in conjunction with a Dell PV-124T which has 16
> LTO-5 tapes. The system works correctly except that the tapes become
> extremely quickly. There is no consistency between the amount written to each
> tape though it is generally in the range of 30-130gb - far less then the
> expected volume.

Why do you have commented out Maximum Spool Size? And I could not find
any Spool Data directive.

In case of LTO-5, I'm not currently sure about the needed minimal tape
write speed, but you should expect it somewhere among 40-70 MB/s, and
it is almost impossible to do it without data spooling.

--
Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~cejkar
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology