Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Tape Library and Cleaning Requests?

2013-01-16 04:32:18
Subject: [Bacula-users] Tape Library and Cleaning Requests?
From: "f.staedler AT dafuer DOT de" <f.staedler AT dafuer DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 10:30:13 +0100
Hello alltogether,

just another question I stumbled upon. While doing more testing with a
tape library and my rather large backup sets I came across a new
question. A single full backup of one machine is about 30 TB and while a
full backup is running the libraray requests drive cleaning (I called
support and they told me the tape drive will request cleaning on a
regular basis of TBs written to the tape along with start/stop cycles).

Right now I'm able to clean the drive after the job has finished - but
is there any possibility that bacula itself handles the cleaning requests?

Thanks in advance,
Frank.