Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] LTO5 speed

2013-01-03 15:35:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] LTO5 speed
From: f.staedler AT dafuer DOT de
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 21:31:05 +0100
Hello,

thank you all for your replies. I did some testing and set Maximum File
Size to 30GB now instead of the 1GB default. Now the drive sounds much
healthier.

> from what i remember the manual recommends something like 2GB Maximum
> File Size for LTO2-3, so i guess LTO5 would be served well with 4GB.

I use a 6 disk SAS RAID0 array for spooling - and with testing raw
reading is about 350-400MB/s, think that should even fit for
compressable data. Right now the limiting factor of the overall backup
is the gigabit LAN :-)

Thanks for every input!

Frank.