Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Bacula: Intervention needed for mo.2012-12-28_19.05.01_31

2013-01-02 05:26:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Bacula: Intervention needed for mo.2012-12-28_19.05.01_31
From: Gary Stainburn <gary AT ringways.co DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 10:23:52 +0000
On Monday 31 December 2012 15:11:43 Dan Langille wrote:
> On Dec 31, 2012, at 6:21 AM, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> > All of my storage devices are file devices and I have generally no
> > problems unless I run out of filestore space which thankfully hasn't
> > happened for a while.
> >
> > However, on this one filestore I occassionlally the following error and
> > all jobs to that filestore stop.
> >
> > What is the best / tidiest way to resolve the error and resume backups?
> > Any ideas why it happens in the first place?
> >
> > Gary

Dan,

The main cause of my confusion is that Bacula usually just creates a new
volume file when the current one is full or marked as (unless a volume has
already been recycled). This is why I only get the errror elsewhere if there
is no space left on the other storage servers.

I cannot understand why periodically Bacula stops and instead generates this
email for just this one server. Admittedly it is the second busiest storage
on the network.

For the director I'm running 5.2.11 from RPM on a Fedora 17 server. This is
box is also the main storage server.

The storage server in question is running 5.0.3 from RPM on a Fedora 16
server.

The definition for Hales is:

Pool {
  Name = Hales