Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] With "Ignore FileSet Changes = yes", how long are the changes ignored for? Is the behavior different when using base jobs?

2012-12-30 21:35:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] With "Ignore FileSet Changes = yes", how long are the changes ignored for? Is the behavior different when using base jobs?
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: "Ken Healy (Outgoing mail only, please reply to list)" <kh.noreply AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 21:32:33 -0500

On Dec 30, 2012, at 9:17 PM, Ken Healy (Outgoing mail only, please reply to list) wrote:

Hello,

I haven't been able to find any definitive information on this topic (apologies if I missed something), so I'd appreciate it if anyone could clarify what happens in the following situations.

Here is the relevant documentation:

If I am interpreting it correctly, setting "Ignore FileSet Changes = yes" (with no base jobs involved) will cause any changes to the fileset to be ignored until the next full backup. Is this correct?

Yes

However, what happens when using a base job? Are the fileset changes ignored until the next base job?

On a slightly different note, what happens when you set "Ignore FileSet Changes = no" when using a base job? Is a new base level backup forced? Or is the base backup ignored and a non-based full backup done instead? Or something else?

I don't know.  Why are you asking?  Is there a problem you encountered?

This sounds like something that can be very easily tested.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org