Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] PostgreSQL - how to exclude bacula database?

2012-12-28 09:10:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] PostgreSQL - how to exclude bacula database?
From: Wolfgang Denk <wd AT denx DOT de>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 15:08:37 +0100
Dear Dan,

In message <A216F657-338F-4BDF-BDBD-814508CCAEB1 AT langille DOT org> you wrote:

> > However, none of the PostgreSQL based examples I have seen so far
> > contain similar (at least similar obvious) exclude rules. What am I
> > missing here?
>
> It depends on where your PostgreSQL database is.  On FreeBSD, which is =
> my preferred
> operating system for a server, this is /usr/local/pgsql
>
> That is the usual location, but it may vary.

For the record, under Fedora it's at  /var/lib/pgsql/data/

> However, there may be things that you do want to back up.  Especially in
> /usr/local/pgsql/data:
>
> at a minimum, I would backup:
>
> pg_hba.conf
> pg_ident.conf
> postgresql.conf
>
> But given you want regex, I'd go with:
>
> pg_multixact    pg_subtrans     pg_twophase
> pg_stat_tmp     pg_tblspc       pg_xlog
> pg_clog   base  global  postmaster.log

Thanks - that was really helpful!

> This assumes you are dumping each database, including the globals
> database, to disk and backing that up.

Understood, doing that.

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd AT denx DOT de
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man  to  fish,
and he'll invite himself over for dinner.             - Calvin Keegan