Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Compiling Bacula with readline support on CentOS6

2012-12-19 13:00:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Compiling Bacula with readline support on CentOS6
From: Simone Caronni <negativo17 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 18:57:26 +0100
Hello,

On 19 December 2012 18:31, Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
wrote:
> what's the black magic involved in getting bacula to enable readline
> support when compiling from source on CentOS6? I have all the relevant
> dev libs install it seems, still bacula fails to pick up readline
> during the configure run.

you can look here for details on how the CentOS/RHEL/Fedora package is
built; it had readline support enabled for a long time:

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/bacula.git/tree/bacula.spec

That package is 5.2.12 and builds fine on RHEL/CentOS 5/6 and Fedora.

If you want precompiled binaries for RHEL/CentOS please look here.

http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/slaanesh/bacula/

It's the package version in Fedora 17/18 (and what will probably be
RHEL 7) and built with input from people on this list.
It has all the options enabled, so unless you require some
non-standard setting like a different path I would suggest not to
compile from scratch.

I'm willing to help for any packaging issues / missing features should
you find any.

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose
sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).