Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] init.d files missing after upgrading on openSUSE

2012-12-16 02:08:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] init.d files missing after upgrading on openSUSE
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 08:05:02 +0100

> Hi.
>
> Some time ago Bacula 5.2.12 came into Archiving:/Backup repository of
> openSUSE 12.2, but now there are no Bacula files in /etc/init.d.
>
> There is also nothing about Bacula in "service --status-all". How can I start
> my FD now?
>
> --
> Silver

Simply by reading the changelog ( this help sometime to understand what's going
on).
on 12.1 there's the double problem of systemV & systemd. Due to some changes in
the way obs works.
I've to drop the systemV init script, and only keep systemd. But unfortunately
the /sbin/service script is unable to support
the /usr/sinb/rcXXXX way under 12.1 ( work under 12.2 )

Once installed you could just work with systemd systemctl command or chkconfig,
all work fine.
If you really want to keep sysinitV ( be carefull this is dropped in next
openSUSE version ) you can simply extract the script
from the 11.4 packages

--
Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch