Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Hep with Disk2Disk2Tape configuration

2012-12-13 12:34:36
Subject: [Bacula-users] Hep with Disk2Disk2Tape configuration
From: Team140 <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 07:44:45 -0800
We've been using Bacula for the past few months doing Disk 2 Disk and
absolutely love it. It's light years faster than our old setup and it JUST
works.

I've been tasked with adding a Copy to Tape function to our setup, but for the
life of me I can't seem to get it to work. I see a lot of short blurbs on
Migration, but nothing really specific about Copy jobs. Trying to create a Copy
job with a Migration example always fails. HELP!

These are the relevant bacula-dir entries:

Job {
  Name = fileserver1-fd
  Type = Backup
  Level = Incremental
  Client = fileserver1-fd
  FileSet = fileserver1-fd
  Schedule = WeeklyCycle
  Storage = File
  Pool = File
  Messages = Standard

# File Pool definition
Pool {
  Name = Pool-Disk2Disk-Full
  Pool Type = Backup
  Volume Retention = 3 years
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  LabelFormat = Full
  Next Pool = Tape
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 50G
}

# Tape pool definition
Pool {
  Name = Tape
  Pool Type = Backup
  AutoPrune = yes
  Recycle = yes
  Storage = Autochanger
}

Job {
  Name = "Copy to Tape"
  Type = Copy
  Level = Full
  Client = bacula-fd
  FileSet="Full Set"
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = Default
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 4
  Selection Type = Volume
  Selection Pattern = "Full*.*"
}

I have a rather lengthy bacula-dir.conf and I think those are the relevant
entries. If you see something amiss or need another entry, let me know.

I currently have the backups setup to do a full backup with the volume name
Full#### the first Sunday of the month, with diff and incrementals using
Vol####. We want to make a copy of the Full backups to tape so we can store
them off site.

What am I missing? I seem to have a pretty good grasp of Bacula as a whole, but
this D2D2T is confusing the heck out of me.