Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole question

2012-12-12 06:54:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole question
From: Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 12:50:40 +0100
Am 11.12.2012 10:38, schrieb Uwe Schuerkamp:
> does a "reload" issued to beconsole also reload included config files?

It most definitely does.

> Apparently in our setup (5.2.9 or .12), this does not seem to be the
> case. Is there a signal I can send to the director process to make it
> rescan an included config dir?

No, Bacula daemons do not support a "reload" signal. There was
even a paragraph somewhere in the documentation explaining that
this was omitted deliberately because reloading the configuration
was as much work as restarting the entire daemon.

> We're using the statement
>
> @|"sh -c 'for f in /server/bacula/etc/configs/*.conf ; do echo @${f} ;
> done'"
>
> from the example found in the manual.

I'm using the same construct, and regularly change one of the
included files without touching the master config file. The
bconsole "reload" command has never failed to pick up the change
for me.

HTH
T.

--