Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] job afinity

2012-12-11 16:50:10
Subject: [Bacula-users] job afinity
From: ccspro <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 13:47:22 -0800
2012/11/29 Dan Langille <dan < at > langille.org (dan < at > langille.org)>
On Nov 29, 2012, at 4:56 PM, Jonathan Horne wrote:

If i have say, 2 data base servers, can i set bacula to ensure they are not
being backed up at the same time? Â Even if they are the last 2 jobs running,
id like to not back them both up simultaneously.

First guess: Set them as different priorities.

That's what I'd do, if I'm not mistaken, the default Priority is 10, so I'd set
the priority for those 2 DB servers with 9 and 8 respectively (or 11 and 12,
depending on when do you these jobs to run -- before or after everyone else).

====

And make sure your Catalog backup has the lowest priority (say 99) so it will
be completed after all Jobs are done for the day.