Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Let copy job use available tapes?

2012-12-10 10:24:03
Subject: [Bacula-users] Let copy job use available tapes?
From: Chris Adams <cmadams AT hiwaay DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 09:20:21 -0600
I am trying to use a tape library for a copy job (for off-site backups).
I have 3 magazines of tapes, and I planned to just rotate between them
for 3 weeks of off-site backups.  The first week went fine, but I can't
get the second week to work.

The problem appears to be that Bacula wants to use specific tapes,
rather than just using tapes that are in the magazine currently loaded.
For example, the first copy job used BVQ900-BVQ905 (bar code labels),
out of a magazine with 900-914.  I loaded the second magazine, with
915-929, but Bacula just keeps requesting BVQ906.  How can I get it to
see what is available and just use that?

--
Chris Adams <cmadams AT hiwaay DOT net>