Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] base backups increase backup duration for full backups consi

2012-12-07 20:13:52
Subject: [Bacula-users] base backups increase backup duration for full backups consi
From: ccspro <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 13:54:25 -0800
Last thing... In some cases I will use a diff fileset for base job only for
stuff I know will not change and anything that doesn't need to be there is
exempt, stuff like:

Log files (assuming these will be out of data by the next base job run)
Initial DB dump's
Database index/temp files
*.pid files (why do you need these?...)
etc etc etc

Stuff like /sbin /bin /usr/sbin /usr/bin and most /lib64 /lib /usr/lib
/usr/lib64 may end up being the same between minor distro's (like CentOS) so in
some cases these base jobs can survive minor upgrades too...

Everything helps.