Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Restore problem using several Storages

2012-12-07 11:58:56
Subject: [Bacula-users] Restore problem using several Storages
From: Rodrigo Renie Braga <rodrigorenie AT gmail DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 14:56:13 -0200
Hello list.

I have several Storages configured but all of them are pointing to the same Device, they differ only by their Address. It's something like this:

Storage {
    Name = st.servers
    Address = 192.168.1.254
    Password = "XXX"
    Device = dev.tpc
    Media Type = LTO4
    Autochanger = Yes
    Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
    AllowCompression = No
}

Storage {
    Name = st.dmz
    Address = 192.168.0.254
    Password = "XXX"
    Device = dev.tpc
    Media Type = LTO4
    Autochanger = Yes
    Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
    AllowCompression = No
}

I have several interfaces (vlan) configured on my SD server, including 192.168.1.254 and 192.168.0.254. The reason I do that is because we have several different servers in several different VLANs to be backed up and no all of them have direct route to the Bacula server.

This config works fine for backing up, but when I was restoring a client from the "dmz" vlan, Bacula returned the following:

The job will require the following
   Volume(s)                 Storage(s)                SD Device(s)

   *000038L4                  st.dmz                    dev.tpc
   *000004L4                  st.servers                dev.tpc

Bacula tries to use the "st.servers" to restore the data only on the second tape, so it eventually stops the restore saying that the client on the "dmz" vlan could not connect to 192.168.1.254.

That problem occurs even if I force the storage "st.dmz" in the restore command line.

My question is why does Bacula associates the Volume to the Storage? And how can I bypass bacula selection for Storages to be used?