Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] job afinity

2012-12-05 06:30:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] job afinity
From: Rodrigo Renie Braga <rodrigorenie AT gmail DOT com>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 09:26:56 -0200

2012/11/29 Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
On Nov 29, 2012, at 4:56 PM, Jonathan Horne wrote:

If i have say, 2 data base servers, can i set bacula to ensure they are not being backed up at the same time?  Even if they are the last 2 jobs running, id like to not back them both up simultaneously.

First guess: Set them as different priorities.

That's what I'd do, if I'm not mistaken, the default Priority is 10, so I'd set the priority for those 2 DB servers with 9 and 8 respectively (or 11 and 12, depending on when do you these jobs to run -- before or after everyone else).