Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to create a separate Volume for each job

2012-12-04 15:50:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to create a separate Volume for each job
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 15:46:47 -0500
On 12/04/12 12:01, Pinky Vivona wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just started working on my backup with bacula.
>
> Does any one know How do I set up a job that will create a separate Volume
> for each job?
>
> Now my job seem to be appending to one Volume it name Vol0001.
>
> Thanks,
>
> porchid17

Check out page 169 in the Bacula main.pdf documentation file. It looks like
you want to add the setting:

Maximum Volume Jobs = 1

to your pool(s).

Don't forget to issue the reload command in bconsole after making the pool
changes.

Also, after issuing the reload command you will need to update ---> pool from
resource --> choose the pool you modified

Then update --> volume parameters -- All volumes from all pools

then you can choose some existing volumes that you wish to have only one job
per volume on and issue:

llist volume=VolumeName

and look for the line:

MaxVolJobs: 1

If it is anything other than 1, then you (or I :) may have missed a step.

Hope this helps

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC