Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] concurrent jobs with multiple directors

2012-12-03 09:02:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] concurrent jobs with multiple directors
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT serverock DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 15:59:54 +0200
On Thursday 29 November 2012 16:28:11 lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de wrote:

> Zitat von Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > 2012/11/29 Silver Salonen <silver AT serverock DOT ee>
> >
> >> **
> >>
> >> On Thursday 29 November 2012 15:43:32 Radosław Korzeniewski wrote:

> >> Is your "client1" a Windows machine? If so, do you use VSS Enable = Yes in
> >> your FileSet resource?
> >>

> >> Yes.
> >>

> >> So, the current limitation of bacula-fd client on windows does not permit
> >> concurrent jobs. Sorry.
> >>

> >> So if I want them to run concurrently, I have to disable VSS on at least
> >> one of these jobs?
> >>

> > You have to try.
> >

> You have to disable VSS on all jobs for this Windows machine.
> Furthermore don't try this with data encryption or your FD will crash.
> If you configure both jobs without VSS and the FD without encryption
> it might work, but i still wonder if a multi director configuration is
> "supported" anyway.
>
> Regards
>
> Andreas

I now got a natural test-case :)

1) I disabled VSS only on the job started 2nd and everything is still working
OK (so I don't have to disable VSS on ALL jobs)
2) I also use encryption and I did not disable it, everything is still working
OK (so I don't have to disable encryption)
3) The 2nd job ran parallel to the 1st one (so disabling VSS only on the job(s)
started later is enough)

--
Silver