Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to specify drive of Autochanger?

2012-11-16 02:53:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to specify drive of Autochanger?
From: Geert Stappers <Geert.Stappers AT vanadgroup DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 08:49:57 +0100
Op 20121116 om 07:37 schreef Wolfgang Denk:
> John Drescher wrote:
> >
> > > However, no matter what I enter at the prompt "Enter autochanger
> > > drive[0]:", the director will always send a command to access drive
> > > index 0.
> >
> > Where do you get this prompt? I have never ever been asked this and I
> > have had an autochanger at work since 2006 and I used it with bacula
> > from the start since I was already using bacula for years before I got
> > the changer..
>
> It's when running a mount command on bconsole:
>
> This is the full output:
>
> *mount
> The defined Storage resources are:
>      1: File
>      2: LTOLIB
>      3: LTO3-0
>      4: LTO3-1
>      5: ltos_temp
>      6: SLR100-0
>      7: SLR100-1
>      8: SLR100-2
>      9: DDS-3
> Select Storage resource (1-9): 2
> Connecting to Storage daemon LTOLIB at ltos.denx.de:9103 ...
> Enter autochanger drive[0]: 1

Why '1'?   With what does it match? With what _should_ it match?
Below is told what is _wanted_ c.q. what is _desired_.

> Enter autochanger slot: 25
> 3304 Issuing autochanger "load slot 25, drive 0" command.
> 3305 Autochanger "load slot 25, drive 0", status is OK.
> 3001 Mounted Volume: INC000L3
> 3001 Device ""LTO3-0" (/dev/tape/by-id/scsi-35000e11802947001-nst)" is
> mounted with Volume "INC000L3"
>
> Note that already the "3304 Issuing autochanger "load slot 25, drive 0"
> command."
> is incorrect, it should have "drive 1" instead.

I assume it is allready wrong before the 'Enter autochanger drive[0]:' prompt
that John Drescher is warning about.
I do read it as "Confirm autochanger drive[0]:" prompt.

HtH
Geert Stappers