Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] how to debug TLS verification issues?

2012-11-10 10:15:40
Subject: [Bacula-users] how to debug TLS verification issues?
From: Felix Schwarz <felix.schwarz AT oss.schwarz DOT eu>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 16:10:55 +0100
Hi,

I'm trying to debug a TLS verification issue:

Somehow my console can't query the SD status. If I start the sd with '-d100' I
only see this output:
SSL routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_CERTIFICATE:no certificate returned
authenticate.c:190-0 Unable to authenticate Director at client.

I assume this is because there might be a mismatch between
hostname/certificate from my console (even though it works when connecting to
the director).

Is there a way that Bacula tells me why the authentication failed? (e.g. "got
hostname X but certificate has name Y", "no valid certificate chain/CA found
for provided certificate, certificate is signed by CA Y"). Or is all of that
hidden by openssl (as I fear)?

fs