Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] sporadic DNS Error

2012-10-24 09:40:15
Subject: [Bacula-users] sporadic DNS Error
From: peewee <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 04:13:30 -0700
Hi,

from time to time I get a quite irritating error:

13-Okt 22:05 pwbackup1-dir JobId 2704: Error: bsock.c:208 bnet_host2ipaddrs()
for host "<<our_backup_server_fqdn>>" failed: ERR=Der Name oder der Dienst ist
nicht bekannt

As I understand the message the fqdn could not be resolved. But quite honestly
that doesn't make very much sense to me since we don't have DNS resolving
errors at all.
This error message comes every couple days. Sometimes backup works up to 2
weeks.

Might it be possible that the dns query timeout is really low? We are using
LDAP as a storage backend for our bind nameservers where queries might be
answered a very little bit slower than with a common zonefile.
My researchs via google didn't end up well. Every help or experience is very
much appreciated.

Jochen