Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Automatic Label sequence starts at 0003

2012-10-23 07:36:27
Subject: [Bacula-users] Automatic Label sequence starts at 0003
From: Piotr Stopniak <piotr AT tobyandpete DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 22:03:34 +1100
Hi All,

I am a first time Bacula user (compiled 5.2.12 from source on RHEL 6 + mysql).

I have so far managed to configure everything [hopefully] correctly and have executed a job or two without a problem.
I plan to use Bacula as an archive - that is copy files to tape and never delete... as the tapes fill, I will get more tapes.

To do this I have set up two jobs: ARCHIVE_A and a copy using the same file set called ARCHIVE_B for offsite.

The jobs write to POOL_A and POOL_B respectively, and those pools have a label format = A_ and B_ respectively.

During testing I have labeled one of the tapes A_0001 manually but then went through deleting and recreating the database and starting fresh (whilst still testing everything).

Now Job ARCHIVE_B has written a tape as B_0001 but ARCHIVE_A has written a tape as A_0003... which I can live with but is hell annoying and will confuse everyone else :)

I have purged the volume, then tried to relabel which gives me an error saying label not found but then running media status shows that the tape has been relabeled (which is odd)
I have since tried deleting the tape, using mt weof to completely remove the label and still I get this behaviour.

Is there a way to fix this?

...since I'm still at a testing phase, is there perhaps a better solution to create 2 identical pools (one for offsite)?

--

PIOTR PETE STOPNIAK
&P   +61 (02) 8399 3001