Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Running several jobs at a time

2012-10-16 02:23:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Running several jobs at a time
From: Geert Stappers <Geert.Stappers AT vanadgroup DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 08:21:04 +0200
Op 20121015 om 09:48 schreef Marek Šimon:
> Od: "Geert Stappers" <Geert.Stappers AT vanadgroup DOT com>
> Odeslané: Středa, 10. Říjen 2012 9:00:46

> >       <snip/>

> >       <snip/>

    <snip> set priority </snip>

> > Back to:
> >
> > I don't understand that question.  Perhaps should I read it as:
> >   How to create a denial-of-service attack
> >   with my bacula clients on my bacula server?
> >   And how to check the current attack count?
> >

> > I think that
> > > You need to take sure that the jobs have the same Priority.
> > could help with doing stupid things.
> > However to make the DoS attack succeed, is more needed.
> > Like making several definitions of the same storage deamon
> > and hope that the Bacula schedular eats the bait.
> >

> > In other words:
> >
> >  When are more concurrent jobs then just one backup job wanted?
> >
> I dont understand why "having concurent jobs" is wrong.

I think that replying below the text,
could have avoided the word 'wrong'.

> I have tens of clients, hundereds of jobs. The clients are on slower
> lines than the storage daemon, and when Incremental job is on, the
> traffic is nearly zero. My director with storage daemon can manage
> about 20 concurent jobs. The load is higher but now DOS at all.

Good for you.
And it is up to you what happens when the lines to clients get faster.

Okay, meanwhile I see use cases for more concurrent jobs.

With some luck will the next posting in this thread start
with a line like and actually answer it.

Cheers
Geert Stappers