Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] btape "fill" fails ... what can I do ?

2012-10-10 07:20:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] btape "fill" fails ... what can I do ?
From: Durand Toto <gnewbee AT gmail DOT com>
To: lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 12:17:41 +0100
Hi,

Thanks Andreas

Here's what I get. Please tell me if it makes sense to you.

gnewbee@alzymr:~$ sudo smartctl -a /dev/sg15
smartctl 5.40 2010-07-12 r3124 [x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu] (local build)
Copyright (C) 2002-10 by Bruce Allen, http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net

Device: IBM      3573-TL          Version: B.20
Serial number: 00X2U78X3993_LL0
Device type: medium changer
Local Time is: Wed Oct 10 12:13:10 2012 BST
Temperature Warning Disabled or Not Supported
TapeAlert Supported
TapeAlert: OK

Current Drive Temperature:     27 C
Drive Trip Temperature:        64 C

Error Counter logging not supported

Last n error events log page
  Error event 48:
    ,
Device does not support Self Test logging

gnewbee@alzymr:~$ sudo tapeinfo -f /dev/sg15
Product Type: Medium Changer
Vendor ID: 'IBM     '
Product ID: '3573-TL         '
Revision: 'B.20'
Attached Changer API: No
SerialNumber: '00X2U78X3993_LL0'
SCSI ID: 1
SCSI LUN: 1
Ready: yes

Best,

Gnewbee

2012/10/10 <lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de>

Zitat von Durand Toto <gnewbee AT gmail DOT com>:

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks Dan. It's a bit reinsuring.
> Anybody else has an idea ?
> I'll try a restore as soon as I can but the server is in production and I
> don't have much space for a restore so I'll need to wait for some slow down
> of the trafic.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Gnewbee

Hello

you might have a look at your tape drive with

smartctl -a /dev/sgX

and

tapeinfo -f /dev/sgX

to see if you find something odd. I have shortly checked and our
Bacula (5.2.12) succeed in Re-read EOT (LTO-4).

Regards

Andreas