Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] end of tape error issue and file rearchived issue

2012-10-05 16:23:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] end of tape error issue and file rearchived issue
From: lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 22:20:14 +0200
Zitat von Durand Toto <gnewbee AT gmail DOT com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been running bacula for more than a month now and it works quite
> smoothly except for two issues:
>     1: some files are rearchived whereas I have no reason to believe they
> have changed. Could this be due to the use of SHA1 instead of MD5 ? Does it
> rearchive if the files have only been accessed but not modified ?
>     2: I get the following message when I reach the end of a tape
> (concistently) and it's worying me seriously as for archive space issues, I
> don't have another copy of the data (for legal reasons I need to archive a
> petabyte of data but I don't have the budget to put that on HDDs). The rest
> seems fine but I am afraid I could loose data that way.
>
>         Error: Re-read last block at EOT failed. ERR=block.c:1029 Read zero
> bytes at 818:0 on device "LTO5" (/dev/nst0).
>
> I'm running debian stable with bacula 5.0 and a DELL TL2000
>
> Any ideas ?

Hello

check compatibility with "btape" utility
(http://www.bacula.org/5.2.x-manuals/en/utility/utility/Volume_Utility_Tools.html#SECTION00290000000000000000),
 LTO-5 should be working fine. You should also consider raising blocksize and
maximum file size for LTO5 to get more speed. Be aware that changing the
blocksize prevent bacula from reading previous used
tapes.

Regards

Andreas