Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Runafterjob issue

2012-10-04 01:06:27
Subject: [Bacula-users] Runafterjob issue
From: Wouter van Marle <wouter AT squirrel-systems DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 12:38:44 +0800
Hi all,

I'm trying to launch a runafterjob script to upload my just created
archive to another server.

As this can take long - a day or so, and other backup jobs are to be run
(I have three jobs: two backup jobs of separate parts of the system plus
the database backup), I intend to do this upload in the background, so I
don't lock up Bacula.

So what I did:

RunAfterJob = "echo '/usr/local/bin/glacier-cmd --logtostdout upload
Squirrel_backup %v' | batch"

Running this command (replacing the %v with an actual file name of
course) from the command line works fine. The process is scheduled by
batch to run as soon as system load allows (usually instantly) and it's
running in the background, sending output to user bacula which
ultimately ends up in my mail box.

But running from Bacula fails. In the result e-mailed to me when the job
is finished I see this:

04-Oct 05:05 acorn.squirrel-dir JobId 34:
AfterJob: /usr/local/bin/glacier-cmd --logtostdout upload
Squirrel_backup Squirrel-BackupCatalog.2012-10-04_05.05.00_04 | batch

The `echo` part is gone, and it didn't run.

An obvious hack would be to create a shell script that is called by
Bacula and that in turn starts the upload, but that shouldn't be
necessary.

Wouter.