Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Why does a COPY job require a FileSet selection?

2012-10-03 04:33:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Why does a COPY job require a FileSet selection?
From: Mario Moder <lists AT demaio DOT de>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 10:30:41 +0200
Am 03.10.2012 07:47, schrieb comport3:
> Can anyone explain why a FileSet is required when migrating/copying
> from one volume to another?
>
> Essentially we have an "OFFSITE" backup that I want on local (iSCSI)
> disk, then to be copied to LTO-4 tape.
>
> There are several backup jobs, each with a different FileSet
> selection.
>
> Can anyone suggest a way to migrate the entire contents of the
> OFFSITE disk volume to tape without creating multiple COPY jobs in
> Bacula?

Not really but this seems to be unnecessary in most cases. We just use
the following copy/migration job which copies all our jobs from an iSCSI
target to tape on weekly schedule. The fileset does not matter here:

Job {
   Name = "migrate"
   Type = Copy
   Level = Full
   Client = bacula-fd
   FileSet = "Full Set"
   Messages = Copy
   Pool = weekly-pool
   Schedule = "migrate-schedule"
   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 4
   Selection Type = PoolUncopiedJobs
}

What's annoying here are the status mails from the copy jobs which do
not show the client name but the JobID which is unimportant for me. The
subject says:

Bacula: Copy OK of migrate.2012-10-01_10.00.00_33

Mario