Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula to S3 bucket

2012-10-02 11:12:12
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula to S3 bucket
From: Tim Dunphy <bluethundr AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 11:08:40 -0400
Hey Guys,

 I remember back when I was an Amanda Backup user, one of the features that I liked the most was it's ability to to allow you to backup directly to virtual 'tapes' that you could store on Amazon S3.  Does bacula currently offer any feature like this? If so where might I find the docs I googled to futility on this topic. If not, might it be an appropriate item for the wish list of bacula features?

I did come up with a kludgy work around where I mounted one of my S3 buckets to my local filesystem using a fuse based solution. However it's dead slow and for some reason even tho I tried letting and s3sync running all night I could not transfer my bacula virtual tapes to S3. I was just also wondering if there was any logical reason as to why that wasn't possible. I also tried doing an s3sync of my mysqldump directory and that went to my S3 bucket without any problem and within under an hour. So I wonder why the bacula virutal tapes would simply not transfer?

Thanks
Tim

--
GPG me!!