Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula trying to load tape that was removed:Re: newbie - problem labeling / adding tapes to pool

2012-09-27 14:25:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula trying to load tape that was removed:Re: newbie - problem labeling / adding tapes to pool
From: Simon Tyler <simon AT tpmcomm DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 14:22:50 -0400
Hello again,

I sort of feel like I'm spamming this mailing list so I'll keep it short:

I tried the 'update volumes' command to try to manually tell bacula that the tapes were in the autochanger. The catalog was aware of all the tapes but had some of them incorrectly marked as not in autochanger. I set the correct tapes as being present in autochanger, it accepted the command, but when I do a status they don't show.

I started wondering if bacula was having a problem writing to mysql db, so I got the idea to query mysql directly. So for example:
mysql> select concat(VolumeName,', ',Slot) from Media;
+------------------------------+
| concat(VolumeName,', ',Slot) |
+------------------------------+
| TestVolume001, 0             |
| vmappp03_backup_test, 0      |
| TPMBU002, 0                  |
| TPMBU001, 3                  |
| TPMBU005, 4                  |
| TPMBU007, 5                  |
| TPMBU003, 0                  |
| TPMBU011, 0                  |
| TPMBU009, 7                  |
| TPMBU014, 8                  |
| TPMBU015, 6                  |
11 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Mysql shows correctly which tapes are in slots 3 thru 8, but bacula only reports slots 3,4,5,6; the others are marked with an * and bacula behaves as if they're empty.

I guess I can experiment however I like, I don't see how I can break it any worse so I'll keep experimenting.