Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Catalog rebuild with bscan

2012-09-14 10:44:57
Subject: [Bacula-users] Catalog rebuild with bscan
From: Jonathan-Marc Lapointe <jmlapointe AT ccdmd.qc DOT ca>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 10:26:39 -0400
Hi all,

First, let me explain what my setup is and what problem forced me to
rebuild my catalog.

I have a backup server running Bacula under Ubuntu 12.04 so the bacula
version is 5.2.5. Backups are made in files and I backup around 15 linux
servers each days.

On the backup server, mysql has it's own partition. But at some point,
the partition bacame full so bacula could not do the backup anymore so I
had to increase the size of that partition giving it a much larger space
so this situation does not happen in the futur.

But even after that, the backup taking did not resume properly and each
night, bacula would do only a subset of the jobs it had to do before
crashing the director.

I assumed that the catalog might have been currupted when the partition
got full so I decided to look for a mean to fix this.

I found out about bscan so I deleted the catalog and used bscan to
rebuild it from the Archive files.

It seams to have worked.

But now that the catalog is "OK", I'm wondering about one thing.

In bconsole, I noticed that all the volumes I imported are now with a
VolStatus of Archive and Recycle of 0.

Should I Make any changes in there about the status of the volumes so
that My backups will resume normaly tonight ?

Thanx !

Jonathan

--

Cordialement, merci d'utiliser Profweb.