Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Non-interactive restore

2012-09-13 12:53:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Non-interactive restore
From: Craig Van Tassle <cvantassle AT purdue DOT edu>
To: Gary Stainburn <gary AT ringways.co DOT uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 12:51:05 -0400
On Thu, 9 Aug 2012 16:58:32 +0100
Gary Stainburn <gary AT ringways.co DOT uk> wrote:

> Hi folks.
>
> Google has burried me once again as this seems to be a recurring
> question.
>
> What is the best method of starting a restore without an interactive
> interface.  Basically, I want to be able to start a restore of the
> last backup state (option 5) for a client, specifying a difference
> restoreclient.
>
> In an idea world I'd like to run a script after a successful
> completion.
>
> I've tried:
> restore all client=gary-fd restoreclient=eddie-fd
>
> but it still asks for a resture type which I want to default to 5 and
> then asks me for a FileSet resource. I now only have one fileset
> resource for Linux but it still insists on giving me two choices
> including one I no long have in the config files.
>
> Gary

echo "restore client=$HOST-fd where=$where_you_want
restoreclient=$FD_TO_RESTORE_TO bootstrap=/var/lib/bacula/$HOST-fd.bsr  select
current all done  yes" | bconsole > /dev/null

That is what I use. It restores everything from though the latest backup with
out me telling it what to do. Fair warning. Running several of these at a time
in parallel has caused my DIR to lockup several times with not warning.

--
Craig Van Tassle
HUBzero.org