Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backup through firewall - timeout

2012-09-10 12:37:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backup through firewall - timeout
From: Thomas Lohman <thomasl AT mtl.mit DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 12:32:12 -0400
> Hi folks.
>
> I've got a problem whereby my email and web servers sometimes fail to backup.
>
> These two servers are inside the DMZ and backup to the server inside my LAN.
>
> The problem appears to be the inactivity on the connection after the data has
> been backed up while the database is being updated. Does anyone have any
> suggestions on what I can do?
>
> Gary

Gary,

Take a look at the Heartbeat Interval options for the client and storage
configurations.  More than likely your firewall/router is dropping the
connection due to inactivity.  How fast it's doing this will depend on
the configuration and the network load so you may need to experiment
with different interval settings.

hope this helps,

--tom