Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula-dir crashing

2012-09-09 19:14:58
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula-dir crashing
From: Tim Dunphy <bluethundr AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 19:11:41 -0400
Hello,

 I was able to get a more recent version of bacula on my centos 5.6 with advice from Simone on this list.

 I'm now running bacula 5.2.10  Thanks!

 However my current situation is that bacula-sd and bacula-fd both run fine when bacula-dir crashes with the following message in the logs:

[root@cloud:/etc/bacula] #tail -f /var/log/bacula/bacula.log
09-Sep 18:47 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Could not open Catalog "MyCatalog", database "bacula".
09-Sep 18:47 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: postgresql.c:248 Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server. Database=bacula User=bacula
Possible causes: SQL server not running; password incorrect; max_connections exceeded.
09-Sep 18:47 bacula-dir ERROR TERMINATION
Please correct configuration file: /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf

For some reason thinks that I'm using postgres instead of mysql.

I tried setting MyCatalog to use mysql instead in the bacula-dir.conf file however that still resulted in the message you see above from the logs

# Generic catalog service
Catalog {
  Name = MyCatalog
# Uncomment the following line if you want the dbi driver
# dbdriver = "dbi:postgresql"; dbaddress = 127.0.0.1; dbport =
  dbdriver = "dbi:mysql"; dbaddress = 127.0.0.1; dbport = 3306
  dbname = "bacula"; dbuser = "bacula"; dbpassword = "secretsauce"
}

I've checked and I can log into the database using the login information I supplied in the config and use the bacula database.

I've installed bacula with yum using the following info:

http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/slaanesh/bacula/README.txt

Here are the packages I have installed:

[root@cloud:~] #rpm -qa | grep bacula
bacula-client-5.2.10-6.el5
bacula-storage-5.2.10-6.el5
bacula-libs-5.2.10-6.el5
bacula-console-5.2.10-6.el5
bacula-common-5.2.10-6.el5
bacula-director-5.2.10-6.el5
bacula-docs-5.2.10-1.el5
bacula-libs-sql-5.2.10-6.el5
bacula-traymonitor-2.4.4-10.el5

I'm including my bacula-dir as an attachment just in case it might shed some light on what needs to be corrected.

So in short I just need to know how to tell the current version of bacula to use mysql instead of postgres.

Thank you

Tim

--
GPG me!!