Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Running complex commands or scripts remotely on a client

2012-09-06 08:53:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Running complex commands or scripts remotely on a client
From: Simone Caronni <negativo17 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Gary R. Schmidt" <grs AT mcleod-schmidt.id DOT au>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 14:50:54 +0200
On 6 September 2012 14:36, Gary R. Schmidt <grs AT mcleod-schmidt.id DOT au>
wrote:
> As a suitably secure user:
>
>      $ for i in `cat list_of_backup_machines`
>      do
>          scp magicscript $i:/opt/bacula/magicscript
>      done

Yep, I know I can scp cycle on a list of machines, but doesn't fit anyway.
We don't have SSH enabled for all segments of the lan and most
important many of the boxes (70%) are Windows based on multiple domain
(and childs) in 2 different forests.

Having all the commands specified on the director is the most simple one.

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose
sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).