Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] backup truecrypt container

2012-08-31 02:12:38
Subject: [Bacula-users] backup truecrypt container
From: Thomas Lau <Thomas.Lau AT principleone DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 14:09:46 +0800

Dear All,

I am wondering how could we do bacula backup on truecrypt container, we have 3 container which the boss keep the key, so everyday boss will open the container image and send files, afterward the container is closed, and we need to backup everyday, each container consist with 600GB image. I tested with incremental backup, seems bacula can’t copy delta within files, but the redo full backup on those containers because it have been changed.

Any solution to deal with this ?

Thomas Lau
Senior Technology Analyst
Principle One Limited
27/F Kinwick Centre, 32 Hollywood Road, Central, Hong Kong
T  +852 3555 2217     F  +852 3555 2222      M  +852 9880 1217

Hong Kong   .   Singapore   .   Tokyo