Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] 1 server with director, multiple servers with SD

2012-08-22 10:03:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] 1 server with director, multiple servers with SD
From: lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 16:00:12 +0200
Zitat von Manuel Trujillo <mtrujillo AT grupointercom DOT com>:

> 2012/8/22  <lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de>:
>> As far as i know the director can use multiple storage daemons by
>> simply listing them in the director configuration and match the
>> passwords used in the storage configuration. Be aware that you must
>> use FQDN or external IP addresses for the Address parameter, not
>> localhost.
>
> I use a file for Device definitions, and another for Storage
> definitions. I understand the Device file would be in the server
> "only-sd", but also Storage file?

Not sure what you mean. You have for example the following:

#
# Bacula Director Configuration file
#

Director {                            # define myself
   Name = bacula-test-dir
   DIRport = 9101                # where we listen for UA connections
   QueryFile = "/etc/bacula/scripts/query.sql"
   WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
   PidDirectory = "/var/run/bacula"
   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 10
   Password = "somepassword"         # Console password
   Messages = Daemon
}

# Definition of file storage device
Storage {
   Name = File
   Address = hostname.sd.server     # N.B. Use a fully qualified name here
   SDPort = 9103
   Password = "passwordStorageDaemon"
   Device = FileStorage
   Media Type = File
}
# Definition of tape autochanger storage device
Storage {
   Name = Tape
   Address = other-hostname.sd.server     # N.B. Use a fully qualified
name here
   SDPort = 9103
   Password = "passwordStorageDaemon"        # password for Storage daemon
   Device = Autochanger                # must be same as Device in
Storage daemon
   Media Type = LTO-4                  # must be same as MediaType in
Storage daemon
   Autochanger = yes                   # enable for autochanger device
}

With this you can use two server with storage daemons, one with file
and one with autochanger. The storage daemon config on the two
machines would go something like this:

First storage daemon

#
# Bacula Storage Daemon Configuration file
#
Storage {                             # definition of myself
   Name = bacula-test-sd
   SDPort = 9103                  # Director's port
   WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
   Pid Directory = "/var/run/bacula"
   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
}
#
# List Directors who are permitted to contact Storage daemon
#
Director {
   Name = bacula-test-dir
   Password = "passwordStorageDaemon" # password from the storage
section in directors config!
}
#
# Devices supported by this Storage daemon
# To connect, the Director's bacula-dir.conf must have the
#  same Name and MediaType.
#
Device {
   Name = FileStorage
   Media Type = File
   Archive Device = /var/lib/bacula/archive
   LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
   Random Access = Yes;
   AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
   RemovableMedia = no;
   AlwaysOpen = no;
}

Second on another machine

#
# Bacula Storage Daemon Configuration file
#
Storage {                             # definition of myself
   Name = bacula-test-other-sd
   SDPort = 9103                  # Director's port
   WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
   Pid Directory = "/var/run/bacula"
   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
}
#
# List Directors who are permitted to contact Storage daemon
#
Director {
   Name = bacula-test-dir
   Password = "passwordStorageDaemon" # password from the storage
section in directors config!
}
#
# An autochanger device with two drives
#
Autochanger {
   Name = Autochanger
   Device = Drive-1
#  Device = Drive-2
   Changer Command = "/etc/bacula/scripts/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
   Changer Device = /dev/sg5
}

Device {
   Name = Drive-1                      #
   Drive Index = 0
   Media Type = LTO-4
   Spool Directory = /var/lib/bacula/spool
   Archive Device = /dev/nst0
   AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
   AlwaysOpen = yes;
   RemovableMedia = yes;
   RandomAccess = no;
   AutoChanger = yes