Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula confused about volumes

2012-08-10 10:42:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula confused about volumes
From: "Clark, Patricia A." <clarkpa AT ornl DOT gov>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 10:39:20 -0400
On 7/25/12 10:50 AM, "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

>> Anyone else have this happen?
>
>Probably a 1/2 dozen times over the years although it has not happened
>in a long time.
>
>> Race condition?
>>
>I think so. I thought that this was supposed to be fixed though.
>
>John

I am having this same issue.  Up until now, it had been intermittent.
Today, I am consistently having the issue.  I have 6 tape drives in my
changer.  I have 4 jobs running, each using a separate tape/drive all in
the same pool.  I've been manually starting another job which selects one
of the free tape drives, but is asking for a tape that is currently in use
in drive-0.  I have canceled and restarted the job several times, started
a different job (it asks for the tape in drive-0), manually mounted an
available tape into drive-1, all of which has only resulted in the tape
being unmounted from drive-1 and the tape in use in drive-0 being
requested. I think it can be said that this is not a race condition.

Addendum: I used an unmount command to BLOCK the drive.  This seems to
have broken the hold as the job selected the remaining open drive to use
and the tape that I'd mounted there.

Patti Clark
Information International Associates, Inc.
Linux Administrator and subcontractor to:
Research and Development Systems Support Oak Ridge National Laboratory