Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restore failed - bacula-fd doesn't follow symbolic links

2012-08-10 03:12:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restore failed - bacula-fd doesn't follow symbolic links
From: Geert Stappers <Geert.Stappers AT vanadgroup DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 09:11:09 +0200
Op 20120809 om 18:42 schreef Davide Franco:
> Hello all,
>
> today I've tried to restore some files on my server and the job failed.
> It appear that bacula-fd doesn't follow symbolic link.
>
> The server run under Linux Centos version 5.8 with bacula-fd version 5.0.2
>
> I tought that by default, symlink will be followed by the file daemon, isn't ?

I think that Bacula doesn't follow symbolic links.
If it would follow symlinks it would get in trouble when the symlink is broken.
If it would follow symlinks it would write multiple copies to tape,
where only one exists on disk.

> Should I change the FileSet configuration ?
>
> As I still need to restore those files, any help would be really appreciated.

I would check the filesystem (partition) where symlinks points to.

> Best regards
> Davide

Cheers
Geert Stappers