Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Job upgraded from Incremental to Full

2012-08-09 03:38:43
Subject: [Bacula-users] Job upgraded from Incremental to Full
From: Henrik Zawischa - SONIC Performance Support <Henrik.Zawischa AT sonic-ps DOT de>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 07:14:51 +0000

Hi all,

I have a problem (again) with bacula trying to run a full backup instead an incremental one. I can’t understand why. Yes, I changed the fileset, but ran a backup after that.

If I look at the FileSet table, I can see my changed fileset has the ID 23 and was created 2012-08-03 12:49:29.

The last Full backup started 2012-08-05 07:40:17 with fileset 23 and completed successfully, albeit with some errors. Some encrypted files could not be read. I had the errors before, bacula never cared so far.

The job that was upgraded ran with the same fileset (23), I checked that. I had to cancel it, as it was trying to do a full backup (of 2 TB), I just hadn’t enough empty tapes in the changer.

Can anyone explain this? Can I have the algorithm that bacula uses to determine the need for an upgrade? I need to understand this and plan accordingly.

Thanks a lot!

Henrik

Henrik Zawischa
Senior System Engineer

SONIC Performance Support

SONIC Performance Support GmbH
Wandsbeker Königstraße 19 - D22041 Hamburg

Tel.: +49 40 300 600 34
Fax: +49 40 300 600 18
E-Mail: Henrik.Zawischa AT sonic-ps DOT de
Web: www.sonic-performance-support.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SONICVideoTraining YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/SONICVideoTrainingTwitter: http://www.twitter.com/VideoTraining

eLBa Contest Winner 2012

eLearning Journal Award 2012