Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backing up vmware-based virtual machines using Bacula

2012-08-08 02:07:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backing up vmware-based virtual machines using Bacula
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT serverock DOT ee>
To: mike AT itsecuritypros DOT org
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 09:04:00 +0300
On 07.08.2012 23:52, Michael D. Wood wrote:

Not the prettiest way…but this is how I backed up VM’s.

I attached a backup device to a Windows VM and shared out backup directories I created.

I edited fstab where Bacula Director daemon is running and configured it to mount the shares on boot.  The shares were also created and owned on the Windows machine with the user “bacula”.

The rest of it was just changing all the config files and getting everything pointed to the right places.  I’ve currently got it backing up 2 Linux servers, Windows 2008 server, pfSense firewall and a test on my personal laptop.  Works flawlessy for me.

--

Michael D. Wood

ITSecurityPros.org

www.itsecuritypros.org

Hi.

Sounds interensting. So what exactly do you backup with this solution?
Does the Windows VM see VMware store directories and shares them?

--
Silver