Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Accurate mode problem, multiple jobs on one client

2012-08-07 17:33:59
Subject: [Bacula-users] Accurate mode problem, multiple jobs on one client
From: Edward <edjunk30 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 22:30:41 +0100
Dir/SD: openSUSE 11.4 (x86_64) - v5.0.3 (from rpm)
Client: Solaris 10 x86 - v5.0.3

I am having problems with an incremental backup using the accurate option.

I have two jobs for the client both of which use a script to generate a file list of individual files (no recursion) is used. The scripts can give different lists for each job and are specified in separate filesets. One job is for offsite backing up with around 70GB for a full backup and one is a local backup of around 600GB. This setup has been working happily for months. No tapes are involved, files only.

All has been working well until suddenly I noticed the offsite backup job was backing up over 1GB one day, the normal being around 10-20mb. Naturally I went on the hunt for the misplaced large file, but I didn't find anything. Looking at the logs I noticed that the jobs had backed up files that had been there since the original full backup. Eventually I ended up rolling back the database to check if this solved the problem, perhaps a corruption. This seemed to work, the manually triggered offsite job ran as expected. The next morning same problem. I eventually discovered after rolling back the database quite a few more times, that after the other job for that client ran (the local job) the offsite job would then go wrong and I needed to roll back.

I have also tested creating a dummy job for that client which doesn't use accurate and the fileset is a single file. Again running this causes the specified behaviour. Running a job for another client doesn't cause any problems. To clarify the jobs are still showing up as incremental, this isn't a retention issue.

I've set the file deamon to debug and seen that for the files it's backing up which shouldn't be backed up accurate.c reports them as "(not found)". It seems as though the accurate list is disappearing or being altered by running another job on the client.

Here is the job and filest definition:

#Offsite
Job {
  Name = "OffsiteBackup"

  Type = Backup
  Level = Incremental
  Client = elephant-fd
  FileSet = "elephant_offsite"
  Storage = File-offsite
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = File-offsite-pool
  Priority = 10

  #Bootstrap file (Use network directory)
  Write Bootstrap = "/backupstore/bootstraps/%c_%d_%n_%i_%v.bsr"
  #Use accurate mode
  Accurate = yes

  Schedule = "daily-night_inc"
}

#Offsite
FileSet {
  Name = "elephant_offsite"
  Include {
  File = "\\|/usr/bin/perl /export/sysadmin/configuration_files_and_scripts/bacula/bin/backup_list.pl /export/sysadmin/configuration_files_and_scripts/bacula/config/backup_list_offsite.config"

    Options {
      signature = MD5
      #When explicitly expressing directories use
      recurse=no
      #Include ACL support
      aclsupport=yes

      #on storage daemon at the filesystem level
      compression = GZIP6

      #Use better accurate mode, size, times (mod, change).
      Accurate = smc
    }
  }
}