Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Multiple Storage devices in a single Pool

2012-08-06 13:34:14
Subject: [Bacula-users] Multiple Storage devices in a single Pool
From: Alberto Viana <albertocrj AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 14:32:18 -0300
Hi Jummo,

I find out what what I was doing wrong. In my storage conf I put separated tapes instead to use the my Autochanger device:

Here´s the right conf:

# DELL PowerVault LTO-5 - Drive 1
Storage {
        Name = PV-TL2000
        Address = IP_ADDR
        SDPort = 9103
        Password = "pass"
        Device = PV-TL2000
        Media Type = LTO-5
        Autochanger = yes
        Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
}

So the PV-TL2000 has 2 devices (tape 1 and tape 2) and now bacula chooses the tape2 when the tape1 is in use.

What is happening now if the 2 tapes are already loaded into drivers, bacula uses both, if not, bacula just try to mount and use one drive. Is that the expected behavior or it´s also about my config?

Thanks.

Alberto Viana