Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Delete Backup file w/o killing Bacula

2012-07-27 13:50:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Delete Backup file w/o killing Bacula
From: Kenny Noe <knoe501 AT gmail DOT com>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 13:48:03 -0400
John,

Thanks, ok I did this for all the pools that I mod.  Do I need to bounce any of the Bacula services or does this apply immediately.   Also how can I "clean up" the older files (those that have a date greater than 15d)?   I'm worried that if I just delete them I will corrupt the catalog.

Thanks again for all the help.  It's most appreciated.

--Kenny

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 11:47 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Kenny Noe <knoe501 AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
> John,
>
> Thanks for the reply.   I have "inherited" this instance from a former
> employee and am trying to get up to speed.
>
> When I go to the console to perform an "update pool" I'm prompted to choose
> a resource.   So I have to go to each resource and update the pools.  That
> makes sense.  But when I go and "update all volumes" I get 4 choices.  I'm
> assuming I pick #2 "Pool from resource" and then choose the pool to update.
> And then do this for each pool.   Is this correct?

I am sorry. I was going from memory.

You want to do this first:

*update
Update choice:
     1: Volume parameters
     2: Pool from resource
     3: Slots from autochanger
     4: Long term statistics
Choose catalog item to update (1-4):2

then follow the prompts.

Then do the following:

*update
Automatically selected Catalog: HBCatalog
Using Catalog "HBCatalog"
Update choice:
     1: Volume parameters
     2: Pool from resource