Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Automatic Tape Recycling

2012-07-27 06:37:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Automatic Tape Recycling
From: Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 12:33:46 +0200
Am 25.07.2012 16:57, schrieb Sven Tegethoff:
> On 25.07.2012 16:39, Phil Stracchino wrote:

>> Have you tried setting volume use duration to 24 hours?
>
> Yes, I did. My problem is, The "use duration" is checked and the "Used
> status" is set only at the end of a job that writes to the particular
> volume, and not at the moment when bacula decides whether to overwrite
> or to append to the volume.

Not in my experience. AFAICT, all my Bacula installations have always
checked the use duration of all volumes, and updated the status of those
volumes who had exceeded it to "Used", at the beginning of every job,
and on assorted other occasions as well.

My guess would be that you reduced the "use duration" parameter for your
pool, but not for the volumes that you had already added to the pool at
that time. In that case, those volume will have retained the old "use
duration" value. You can check that with the bconsole command "llist
volumes".

HTH
Tilman

--