Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] restores to Windows machines

2012-07-25 15:58:30
Subject: [Bacula-users] restores to Windows machines
From: Thomas Lohman <thomasl AT mtl.mit DOT edu>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 15:54:53 -0400
Hi,

We're running 5.2.10 for both Windows 7 clients and our servers.  My
system admins have noticed that when during restores of files to a
Windows 7 client that the restored files are all hidden which requires
them to then go in and uncheck the hide protected operating system files
option.  At that the point, the files are then visible to the user.
Typically, they do a restore and specify a restore directory of
C:/RestoredFiles or something along those lines.  So, in that directory
on the client, one sees a "C" and then the rest of the restored
path/files underneath it.  The problem seems to be that the permissions
that "C" sub-directory in C:\RestoredFiles are what causes everything to
be hidden.

Of the folks here who back up Windows clients, have you seen this
problem and does anyone know of any fixes for it on the Bacula side?

thanks,

--tom