Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-sd: Bacula interrupted by signal 11: Segmentation violation

2012-07-25 11:39:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-sd: Bacula interrupted by signal 11: Segmentation violation
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 11:35:20 -0400
On 7/25/2012 9:52 AM, Tobias Dinse wrote:
> Ok, I compiled our 5.0.2 Version of Bacula and attached the new
> report. I hope this time its better  bu I can still see an ????.
>
> I also tried to use 5.2.10 with 2 test machines. Both give the same
> error as 5.0.2 :(

Check the actual CFLAGS being used. The SIGSEGV may be due to glibc's
buffer overrun protection being inadvertently turned on with the
-DFORTIFY_SOURCE flag in CFLAGS.  This is particularly true if you are
using a package builder rather than configure/make against the source
tarball. At one time, bacula-sd caused a false positive hit of glibc's
buffer overrun protection. I don't know if that is still the case, but
it may well be.