Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Backup of remote PC "hangs" but no error message

2012-07-01 18:23:28
Subject: [Bacula-users] Backup of remote PC "hangs" but no error message
From: AndyW <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 15:20:08 -0700
Thanks @Jeremy and @Andre

Turns out I had to set the "SDAddress" property in the bacula-sd config
elf-definition to the actual address of the server.  If left undefined it binds
to the first available IP address, which is presumably localhost.  Also needs
the actual address to be specified for the SLR7 tape device in the bacula-dir
config "Storage" section.

An unrelated question, but one which naturally occurs now...as the laptop will
obviously be disconnected at some times, how can I stop the job running if the
remote client isn't connected?  Otherwise the job will sit there indefinitely
and block anything afterwards.  Ideally I want it to wait a pre-defined timeout
(e.g. 2 mins) and then give up until next scheduled time.

Thanks again,
Andrew