Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula version 5.2.10 released

2012-06-29 17:17:15
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula version 5.2.10 released
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: bacula-announce <bacula-announce AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 23:14:58 +0200
Hello,

Release:
Yesterday, we released Bacula version 5.2.10 source code and
Windows binaries to the Bacula download area of Source Forge.

This release is an important debug update + one new feature (first
cut of AFS support).

For your convenience, I have included a summary of the release notes
below.

Helping improve Bacula:
Community participation is essential to having successful releases of
Bacula, aside from making code contributions,
one of the simplest ways that you can help is by running the
regression tests on a nightly basis.  Due to the testing on FreeBSD, we
were able to find and fix a minor problem before the release.  Unfortunately,
not many different platforms are represented in the regression tests because
few people run them.  Running regression tests are quite simple -- the details
are described in the Developer's Guide, which you can find online at:
www.bacula.org

A word from Bacula Systems:
At the end of 2011 we introduced a new service offering called  Bacula Enterprise Selective Migration Plan. This program is geared  towards IT shops and systems administrators who have deployed the community version of Bacula and wish to professionalize their backup & restore infrastructure using the Enterprise Edition. I was
really surprised at how many former community users took advantage of this great plan.  Fortunately,
the plan still exists.

As a community member with the Bacula Enterprise Selective Migration Plan, you have access to Bacula Enterprise version 6, which is tuned for serious production backup (http://www.baculasystems.com/products/bacula-enterprise).  You also have have access to all our plugins  (http://www.baculasystems.com/products/bacula-enterprise-plugins) for better performance and integration to your own IT environment : Delta for incremental backup, VMware, VSS (Exchange, MSSQL, Sharepoint...), SAN Shared Storage, NDMP, BMR for Linux or Windows, as well as a new Oracle database backup plugin.

Please take a look at the Selective Migration Plan benefits here: http://www.baculasystems.com/products/selective-migration-plan or contact Bacula Systems at: http://www.baculasystems.com/contactus

Best regards,
Kern

General:
--------
The 5.2.10 version is a significant bug fix release including
our first cut of AFS support.

Compatibility:
--------------
 As always, both the Director and Storage daemon must be upgraded at
 the same time.

 Older 5.0.x and 3.0.x File Daemons are compatible with the 5.2.9
 Director and Storage daemons. There should be no need to upgrade older File
 Daemons.

Major changes/fixes since 5.2.9:
- IPv6 networking should work correctly now
- SQL Counter problems resolved
- Bat hanging after running a number of jobs
- dbcheck rw_writelock problem
- Windows VSS restore bug

New Feature:
- Add rudimentary support for backing up AFS

28Jun12
 - Add extra test for unsupported Protocol Families.
 - Fix inet_pton call.
 - Real fix of bug #1897 5.2.9 breaks IPv6 connectivity
 - Fix bug #1891 wrong daemon name printed with -? option
 - Fix bug #1859 INSERT INTO Counters fails
 - First try at fixing bug #1897 5.2.9 breaks IPv6 connectivity
 - Convert write_rec_to_block() to a state machine
 - Fix bat from eating all Dir connections -- fixes bug #1872
 - Back port fixes from BEE to fix Windows restore bug #1892
 - Add block checksum flag to version.h
 - Add block checksum debug code
 - Fix bug #1893 dbcheck -B gives rwl_writelock error.
 - Remove restriction of network buffer size being multiple of a tape block
 - Add rudimentary support for saving AFS acls.
 - Send level before the fileset in estimate_cmd() like in backup()

Bugs fixed/closed since last release:
1859 1872 1891 1892 1893 1897