Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Getting err=22 message in dbcheck

2012-06-15 09:18:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Getting err=22 message in dbcheck
From: Marco van Wieringen <mvw AT planets.elm DOT net>
To: "Steven A. Falco" <safalco AT optonline DOT net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 15:17:07 +0200
On 06/15/12 01:53 PM, Steven A. Falco wrote:
> On 06/15/2012 04:36 AM, Marco van Wieringen wrote:
>> Steven A. Falco <safalco <at> optonline.net> writes:
>
>>> In other words, the call to rwl_writelock_p is returning EINVAL
>>> because the rwl is not valid.  (I added a printf right before
>>> the return statement, so I am sure that this is the place the
>>> EINVAL (err 22) comes from.)
>>>
>>> Again, dbcheck puts out good data; it just has problems cleaning
>>> up at the end.  And everything else works - I can run backups,
>>> do restores, etc.  It is just the catalog backup that has problems.
>>>
>>> I'm not really sure where to go from here.  I've hacked around the
>>> problem by hard-coding the appropriate strings into the perl script
>>> and bypassing dbcheck entirely.  But I'd surely like to fix it
>>> properly...
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>>
>> Log a bug on bugs.bacula.org ?
>
> Sure, but I wanted to be sure I wasn't doing something stupid
> before wasting your time with a bogus bug report. :-)
We get much worst reports if you already did this much work I think
a bug report is ok its not like you say it doesn't work without any
explanation. Some parts just don't get used by us all the time so
these things tend to creep in.

I know I added this as a rush job to get the -B option working but as
it seems it was never properly tested. Then again its mostly a sloppy
programming problem it won't harm much but as it can be easily
fixed with some extra defensive programming  that is never a thing to avoid.

>> I did it for you see:
>>
>> http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1893
>
> Thank you!  I appreciate that.

I closed the bug it should be part of 5.2.10 when that gets released.
You can grab
a copy from git if you want to build your own packages with the fix
applied otherwise
you have to wait until the release and it gets incorporated into the
different repo's.

Marco