Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restore to an non-existent directory.

2012-06-02 02:10:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restore to an non-existent directory.
From: Igor Blazevic <iblazevic AT nimium DOT hr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 08:07:30 +0200
On 02.06.2012 08:06, Igor Blazevic wrote:
> On 01.06.2012 21:02, Luis H. Forchesatto wrote:
>> I got an script that restores an backup from bacula to a remote USB
>> device in a remote server that runs the File Daemon. Before running
>> the restore a script is run that mounts the USB device, after the
>> backup, another script umounts it.
>>
>> My question is: when i tell bacula the directory to restore, which is
>> the directory where the USB Disk is mounted, if the directory does
>> not exist bacula will attempt to create it or the restore will simply
>> fail?

First, you need existing mounting point for USB, which I presume you
have. Otherwise, you won't be able to mount USB in the first place.

Second, you can define restore directory in bacula-dir.conf in restore
job for each client specifically or for default restore job. In your
case, restore directory should be define for in the restore job for that
client.

Anyways, you need to check your scripts for details.

--

Igor Blažević