Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Finding (and killing) Phanton job IDs

2012-05-01 15:56:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Finding (and killing) Phanton job IDs
From: "Karyn Stump" <karyn AT fastsoft DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 12:54:13 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Simmons [mailto:martin AT lispworks DOT com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 11:32 AM
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net

>> The jobIDs show up in the Bacula generated emails relating the job
>> status. The Bacula Director is running on CentOS and the catalog
>> backup is doing the same thing (one fails, one is successful). Here
is
>> a sample, one each for the same client/fileset:

>You almost certainly have two different Director daemons running and
possibly two different Storage daemons as well.  This is proved by the
different build dates and "Build OS" lines in >the output:

>> 30-Apr 05:05 back-dir JobId 967: Error: Bacula back-dir 5.0.3
(04Aug10):
> >30-Apr-2012 05:05:02
>>   Build OS:               x86_64-pc-linux-gnu gentoo

>> 30-Apr 06:22 back-dir JobId 838: Bacula back-dir 5.0.3 (30Aug10):
>> 30-Apr-2012 06:22:31
>>   Build OS:               x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu redhat

>You might be able to figure out the IP addresses of the machines by
looking at the email Received: headers.

>__Martin

Yep Martin,

That was it. I had migrated our backups to a new server, and when the
power outage happened, the old server restarted too and re-started
bacula which I had only stopped before but hadn't  removed its start-up
config.

Thank you very much,

Karyn

--